In a match of the Group H qualifying for Euro 2020, occupant of the 3rd place, Iceland, will receive the visit of the selected Moldova.
It occupies the third position in Group H, a group of which France, Turkey, Albania and Andorra are also included. He recorded 3 wins and 1 defeat in this group, wins with Andorra, Albania and Turkey, the last 2 victories coming on his own. Arnór Sigurdsson is uncertain about this game, trying to recover until the game time.Remained without a contract, after splitting in the summer from Aston Villa, Birkir Bjarnason is so far the team’s goalscorer, with 2 goals scored, Emil Hallfredsson having the same contractual situation, not extending the contract extension from Udinese.
She is in 5th position, the difference between her and the last place occupant, Andorra, being made in the direct match, won by Moldova, score 1: 0. Besides the goal scored in the Andorran gate, he managed to score in the 4: 1 defeat, on his own field, with France, collecting 10 goals in the 4 games played so far. Central defender Victor Mudrac was summoned to the national premiere, two other teammates being part of the lot for these 2 games, Vladimir Ambros and Iaser Turcan, according to Publika.
It will be the first direct confrontation between the two selected.
2.What is the form of the teams in the last 5 matches?
- Last result: 2-1 vs Turkey
- Shape: W W L W D
Iceland is no worse off in Group H and holds the flag up next to France and Turkey, each with the same score, 9 in number. Certainly, the difference is “dropped” by the goalkeeper, where the French were ruthless, 12-3, followed by the Turks, 9-2, respectively 5-5 of the Icelanders.The national led by the Swedish Erik Hamren has three wins in the group and a defeat, suffered in Hexagon, 0-4.
- Last result: 0-2 vs Albania
- Shape: L W L L L
The national team led by Alexandru Spiridon is in 5th place in the group H. Moldovans have chances to not finish in the last position, but it will be very difficult for them to recover the score compared to the fourth place occupied by Albania.Moldovans have won only 3 of the last 20 games. Another four ended in a draw.Neighbors over Prut have three losses in Group H, but also a victory at home with Andorra.
3.News, analysis, statistics and progress on the 2 teams.
- The Icelanders have won both the break and the final in five of the last 7 matches against Euro.
- In this group, Icelanders have two of as many victories as possible on their own ground, with Turkey (2-1) and Albania (1-0).
- Ragnar Sigurdsson is the national goalscorer in this phase, with two goals scored. It also has an assist.
- With home victories against Turkey and Albania, the Icelanders ended a series of poor results with Switzerland (1-2), Belgium (0-3), Croatia (1-2), Ghana (2-2) and the Czech Republic (1 -2)..
- 76.4 million euros is the value of the Icelandic national lot, compared to that of Moldova of 14.93 million euros.
- Moldovans have an average of 3 goals in matches played so far in Group H, compared to 2.5 of Icelanders.
- 2-10 is the goal of the Moldavians. The two goals were scored by FC Voluntari’s player Igor Armas (in the victory with Andorra, 1-0) and by Vladimir Ambros (in the defeat at home, 1-4 with France).
- The last three trips of the Moldovans have in fact meant three defeats – with Albania, Turkey and Kazakhstan
- The last victory of the Moldovans on the move was San Marino’s field, score 0-1
- In the last 20 matches played away, the only two victories of the Moldovans were with San Marino.
Football Prediction of the Day Iceland vs Moldova
In order to recreate the Moldavian team, the Chisinau federation called on this summer the experienced Ukrainian coach Semen Altman, 73 years old. It remains to be seen if he has managed to solve the team’s problems in a very short time. Iceland cannot afford to lose the deck if it wants to qualify for the final tournament, and will be aggressive from the start. A victory at least two goals difference is the proposal for this meeting.
Bet Tips: Iceland (-1 goals)